No doubt about it, Scott Pruitt will go down as the best EPA chief in history. The hypocritical radical Greens successfully mounted enough scurrilous rumors and stories to convince EPA reformer Scott Pruitt to resign.
For decades the Environmental Protection Agency has been the enforcer of junk climate science policies created by alarmist scientists who blindly accepted the propaganda of the most prominent gloom and doom prophets of anthropogenic global warming. (Source…)
From the time he was appointed by POTUS, Pruitt was constantly attacked by scurrilous journalists and politicians. The feckless Fake News sources constantly lied or wildly exaggerated accounts about him. Fake News never gets the real facts correct, especially relative to the EPA. It goes without saying, Mainstream Media are dead as a doornail.
Among the most egregious claims made by Trump/Pruitt haters were that he allocated too much money on bodyguards. The claims were entirely false. The facts, which were completely ignored by haters, revealed in an August 16 EPA report suggested that Pruitt’s personal-defense outlays are fueled by genuine safety concerns rather than self-aggrandizement. This document cites 14 threats against Pruitt and his family in Fiscal Year 2017. Among them:
• Pruitt’s daughter has been menaced via Facebook. e.g., “I hope your father dies soon, suffering as your mother watches in horror for hours on end.”
• An e-mail sent to the Washington, D.C. office of Senator James Lankford (R – Oklahoma) threatened to assassinate Pruitt, President Trump, and Vice President Pence.
• One message to EPA said, “I hope your head administrator (Scott Pruitt), dies a very painful and horrible death through poisoning. Please explain the scientific method to this freaking neanderthal [sic].”
• A postcard sent to Pruitt read, “Get out while you still can, Scott, you are evil incarnate you ignorant f**k.”
• “Dear Mr. Pruitt,” another postcard began. “CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL!! We are watching you. For the sake of our planet, our children & our grandchildren, will you be a reasonable man? I repeat, we are watching you! Myrna, Michele, Chris, Signe, Lucy, Olivia and Isabel.”
• A trespasser entered EPA headquarters on March 6, CBS News reported. He claimed to be a student attending a “Microsoft event,” said EPA Assistant Inspector General Patrick Sullivan. “The person asked about Scott Pruitt and wanted to know where Pruitt’s office was and if Pruitt ever walked in the hallway outside the room.” Although the intruder was escorted off the premises, he later phoned an employee’s office number and left voicemails in which he said, as Sullivan explained, “he can gain entry into EPA space anytime he wants.”
• Not content simply to write, one critic showed up in person. An EPA sentry stopped him. “During the confrontation, the subject was able to acquire the security officer’s duty weapon and discharge a round into a nearby chair.” The guard disarmed the visitor, who later was indicted for assaulting a federal officer/employee. (Source…)
Pruitt’s departure came in the wake of a scathing New York Times story which is the culmination of months of negative press that ended his time as chief. In typical fake news fashion, the article declared the story was the “murder weapon” used against Scott Pruitt.The radical Environmentalists may be having a field day dancing on what they think is Pruitt’s grave. These guys hated him with a passion even before he was appointed by Trump.
They may have drowned Pruitt in the swamp, but they’ll never be able to undo the good work he did. He led an enormous rollback of Obama-era environmental regulations. Here are five of the biggest wins racked up by Pruitt during his time at the EPA:
• Convincing Trump To Ditch The Paris Climate Agreement
• Rolling Back The Clean Power Plan And Other Obama-Era Rules
• Nixing Obama’s Waters Of The United States (WOTUS) RuleRewrote
• Dramatically Reduced Obama’s Fuel Emission Standards
• Refashioned EPA Into An Agency Dedicated To Protecting Public Health (Source…)
As long as Trump is POTUS, which will surely be a full two terms, the EPA will be in good hands. Replacing Pruitt will be Andrew Wheeler. He will be the acting administrator for the foreseeable future. With Wheeler at the helm, the EPA will return to being the environmental agency it was designed to be.
Steve Milloy of JunkScience.Com blog said it best in a tweet:
“My comment on Scott Pruitt resignation from EPA: 1. Same President. 2. Same agenda. 3. New EPA chief (a past colleague of mine). 4. So… WINNING!!!” (Source…)